If you are experiencing a dental emergency, please contact the practice immediately on 020 8575 8030. We will do everything possible to see you for an emergency dental appointment on the same day that you call. The earlier in the day you call, the more chance you have of getting a same-day emergency appointment.
There are many causes of dental emergencies. Some common dental emergencies that we see include:
- Severe toothache or jaw pain that over-the-counter pain relief does not help
- Serious swelling, with or without pain, that suggests gum infection
- A tooth being knocked out by an accident, injury or sporting mishap
- Trauma to the face, mouth or teeth that causes a tooth to become loose or wobbly
- Severe, continual bleeding after a tooth has been extracted or you have had other oral surgery
- A tooth that is badly cracked, chipped or broken due to injury or accident
- Dental abscess
Whatever the cause of your dental emergency, you will want to be seen by a dentist as soon as possible. Dental emergencies can cause a lot of pain, your body’s way of letting you know something is wrong, which is why we will never leave a patient in pain. While we may not be able to complete your treatment in a single appointment with our emergency dentist, we will stabilise you then book you in for further appointments to finish treating your condition.
If a tooth has been knocked out, for example when playing contact sport without a mouth guard, the quicker you get yourself and your tooth to the surgery, the more chance we have of saving it.
Please try to contact our practice as early as possible in the day, because this will increase your chances of being seen on the same day. We do treat all dental emergencies on the same day whenever possible. Even if we can’t complete your treatment that day, we will give you pain relief straight away, so you will leave the practice a lot more comfortable than when you came in.